
...that she wasn't fond of Santa?!! We had talked about Santa coming to Daddy's work all week and she was so excited to tell him to, "Peas, Peas, bring a Barbie!!" and then she totally clamed up. When we walked into the Y there were reindeer hoof prints on the floor and she looked everywhere but couldn't find any reindeer so we opted to make reindeer "food" aka dry oatmeal with red sprinkles. When the line for Santa dwindled a little, she got brave enough to go up but then with each step forward she squeezed my hand tighter and tighter. Eventually Matt had to sit on the couch with Santa (thank goodness it was his work) and she was able to super quietly tell Santa she wants a Barbie. Oh well, I am never hopeful for good pictures at things like this so I skipped the cute holiday dress she would have thrown a fit to put on. It is as if the child thinks to herself, "hmmm, I bet Mommy would like a pretty picture now, I think not!"
Ok I am dying laughing! Her face is FANTASTIC and TOTALLY Madelyn. LOVE IT!! Cameo
ReplyDelete