Our conversation on the way home from school yesterday sounded like this:
Madelyn: "My eye hurts...because one time a bird bit me... in the eye...with it's beak...when I was sitting in the mud...wearing my sparkley silver shoes...eating vanilla wafers...when I was a little baby."
Me: "What?" (that is only thing I could think of to say)
And our bedtime conversation from yesterday sounded like this:
Madelyn: "Can you tell me a story?"
Me: "Which one?"
Madelyn: "The one about Courtney and the dog"
(I've been telling bedtime stories about some of our childhood memories and I use my sister Courtney and myself in all the stories, her favorite involves Aunt Courtney and getting her dog Jasper for Christmas.)
Me: "Once upon a time..."
Madelyn: "Mommy, remember when Courtney was tiny...like as tiny as my pinky...after she was an alligator?"
Me: "No, I don't recall that one!"
Ah, I love those stories! And I love that they have no sense of a timeline... everything is "last week" or "last night" at our house.
ReplyDelete