Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going for a Walk

Each week during the summer Madelyn and I have been taking several walks with the dog. She doesn't want to ride in the stroller so we put on tennis shoes, grab some water, and use the bathroom. Only today I forgot that last step - use the restroom. Big oops when you have a toddler. We were headed to drop off a bag of recycling and mail some letters at the Post Office on our walk but today we made it to the high school and suddenly I hear the words with a little desperation, "Mommy, I have to go potty." Instantly my head is spinning with ideas: she could go to the Post Office we are almost there, but we have the dog, would anyone really miss this dog if we let it go, no I can't let the dog go she would probably follow us, we could race back home. And then I look down in the baby stroller that Madelyn is pushing and see that Minnie Mouse has one of Madelyn's diapers on. WHEW!! So we dropped her pants right in front of the high school and put on Minnie's diaper. I'm so glad Madelyn was a good mommy today to Minnie and I learned a great mommy lesson too!

No comments:

Post a Comment