Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BIG Girl Bed

A couple of months ago we got a letter in the mail stating that Madelyn's convertible crib had been recalled. Ugh, she had been using it as the toddler version and we had planned on her keeping it as her bed through her high school years. After a little checking into it we were able to return her crib, yes take the whole stinking thing down, and drive it back to the store where we were given our full purchase price back. Yeah!!! So, I dwelled on what to buy her because that's what I do when my perfectly set plans are ruined. In the end we purchased a metal framed full sized bed frame with a matching white dresser. We already had a full sized mattress in storage so we dug it. I love the scroll design of it and hopefully she will too even into her older years. The dresser is being delivered this weekend and she has been enjoying her new bed for a couple of months now. We were super duper nervous about her falling out because it is such a big bed and the pillow top mattress makes it a long splat down but she has done really well. We put the large shams on the sides of the bed to act as a bumper and she loves getting to have tons of babydolls sleep with her!


I caught this while she was asleep one of the first mornings she woke up in her new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment