First up, homeade granola. I love this yummy treat! It's delicious and gets my mornings started off on the right foot.
My Apple Master has made life easier the past few weekends. We've made lots of apple butter and cinnamon sugar applesauce.
Step Two: let the crockpot do all the work and make the house smell amazing!

Here's Bart, he's great in the kitchen.
One thing I really wanted to do this fall was visit an apple orchard to pick our own apples. My sister and I have fond memories of this as kids with our grandparents and I thought that Madelyn would really enjoy it also. Well, it didn't all go as planned but boy did we have fun! The first orchard we visited wasn't a pick-your-own orchard but we did manage to spend $50 in their wonderful country store. We walked out of there with a large apple cider slush, a bag of rich buttery popcorn, a strawberry rhubarb pie, and a couple of jars of pickeled veggies, but NO apples. On to the next orchard. I had emailed this orchard to ensure that they were a pick-your-own orchard but upon arrival found that there were, oh, maybe, five apple trees. That's right - only five. So we went to Plan B. Do a little shopping at the mall and then hit Walmart for our apples. Oh, well, next year we'll find an orchard.
Here's Bart, he's great in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment