Monday, July 11, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Doesn't Dorothy follow the yellow brick road into the bizarre world of Oz which is complete with green witches, talking lions, and flying monkeys? Sorry, I'm not a fan of the movie, it totally scares me! Anyway, I'm trying to finish our vacation posts and had to dedicate an entire post to this place. The night before my cousin's beach wedding the wedding party, family, and friends decided to go grab a few drinks out and my Aunt and Uncle watched the kids. Boy it was an interested evening!



We found this place: Mahuffer


Check out the description on the sign!






Of course us Kansas folk had to have a picture under the yellow brick road sign. Once you go inside it was apparent this was a place you don't get separated from your friends or you might wake up covered in tatoos or in a bathtub full of ice and your kidney missing!! Not in a scary people kind of way but in a bizarre flying monkey kind of way. It had everything under the sun hanging from the ceiling. The insulation was showing, the floors were shaking, and there was a couple of cats and a dog. I somehow made friends with a lady from London who had been frequenting this "dive" for 11 years and had become so fond of it. She told me the people were amazing, the animals friendly (which I questioned her about because hello isn't there some sort of hygiene/bar/restaurant law but she said they don't serve food so they get by with it) and entertainment abundant. She also asked me if my tetnus shot was current!! I had to go back a few days later for some photos to document this place, the inside is awesome and filthy and weird but someplace I could totally hang out with some good drinks!











Walk beyond the wooden boards, wind around the corner, into a completely different world!



See that grill there, didn't the London chick say there was no food? Hmmm..







Pictures speak for themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment