Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh No She Didn't .....

Our car conversation yesterday afterschool...

Madelyn: "Today was the first time Barrett and I kissed each other on the heads!" (using her super sweet sugary voice)

Me: (delayed response, choking for words) "What did you just say?"

Madelyn: (slightly annoyed because she doesn't like to repeat herself) "Mom, I said, today was the first time Barrett and I kissed each other on the heads"

Me: "Oh!" (totally dumbfounded and thinking for the correct response, then I hear ...)

Madelyn: "But I knew my mommy wouldn't be mad because I am a genius!" (again in her voice that is dripping with happiness)

Me: Umm... (open mouth, no words)

In the end we did discuss how they kissed on the forehead and aren't ever, ever supposed to do that again. But when did my little one get such a confidence and attitude I'm wondering?! When did she learn what a genius was?

I also had a little fun with Matt. I texted him "catastrophe, call me asap." When twenty minutes went by and I hadn't heard from him, I had a little more fun. I texted "she kissed a boy!" That got his attention. His response, "NO SHE DIDN'T, WHAT THE SH**!" Boy that was fun for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment