Let the Halloween Festivities Begin... That is how I felt this year! Starting with the Trunk or Treat event at Matt's YMCA. It was a bit chilly that evening so my little miss wasn't so excited about walking around the parking and getting candy! I was a bit shocked but not going to complain. So we headed indoors for some halloween themed fun complete with spook house, pumpking bowling, face painting, and of course inflatables.
This is where we spent most of our time and since it was a huge event, I'm talking people EVERYWHERE, I was a little afraid to break out the camera.
Next up, pumpkin carving time! I ended up super sick so Matt and Madelyn had a little fun with some neighbors carving a kitty on our little pumpkin.
Then there was a mermaid. We had bought cute costume of Ariel that was ripped at the collar when we took it out of the sack and of course I couldn't find another one in her size. So, voila, a semi-homeade Ariel costume! And she LOVED it! I keep hearing, "Mommy, you're the best sew-er ever!" 
I was so proud of her going to all the houses by herself, saying trick-or-treat, and thank you. Candy is the best motivator! We met up with some friends later and ended up with an enormous bag of candy which we are still rationing!

Then there was a mermaid. We had bought cute costume of Ariel that was ripped at the collar when we took it out of the sack and of course I couldn't find another one in her size. So, voila, a semi-homeade Ariel costume! And she LOVED it! I keep hearing, "Mommy, you're the best sew-er ever!" 
I was so proud of her going to all the houses by herself, saying trick-or-treat, and thank you. Candy is the best motivator! We met up with some friends later and ended up with an enormous bag of candy which we are still rationing!Now that the chilly November air has set in we are gearing up for the holidays. I love this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment