We continued on with our Christmas Eve tradition of allowing Madelyn to open just one present early. I think she's catching on that it is always new pajamas. Since this girl is in love with Ariel we had to have pajamas covered with the little mermaid!
Then we were sure to set out milk and cookies for Santa!
On our way home from church we saw two "reindeer" cross the road right in front of our car about three houses down from ours. So we told Madelyn that the reindeer were probably looking for the next house and that we needed to hurry up and go to sleep so Santa could come. It worked perfectly!!
Christmas morning she slept in until 7:30ish and then we got up and crept down the hallway to see if the goodies were gone. Then she needed to see if the reindeer food was gone to. And finally to see if Santa came. The American Girl Doll is a hit!! She loves, loves, loves playing with it, dressing it up, reading to it, and dragging it pretty much everywhere!
Matt opening up a new brown suit jacket and pants.
This man has been talking about getting into hunting for years, yes years. But he really never found the time for it. So I decided it was time for him. I walked myself into Bass Pro shop feeling pretty good that I could get some type of hunting gear that he would need, ya know, since I grew up with several family member hunting. Boy was I wrong. I quickly found out that I had know idea what I was doing or what were the most needed items. I did end up with a couple of generic hunting items that are hopefully helpful!

This man has been talking about getting into hunting for years, yes years. But he really never found the time for it. So I decided it was time for him. I walked myself into Bass Pro shop feeling pretty good that I could get some type of hunting gear that he would need, ya know, since I grew up with several family member hunting. Boy was I wrong. I quickly found out that I had know idea what I was doing or what were the most needed items. I did end up with a couple of generic hunting items that are hopefully helpful!
Christmas is always fun for me. I become an investigator, present shaker, spouse quizzer, child briber. And it rarely works for me. Especially this year! I really thought that I was getting clothes from Matt and Madelyn. Actually I was sure I was getting clothes which I was excited about. So I unwrapped the sweater box and was instantly confused when I saw Madelyn's pink tee ball glove staring at me. Hmm... Is this a trip to a baseball game? Then I picked it up and out fell a little black box. Okay... I hadn't anticipated that. I was speechless when I opened it to find a new ring with chocolate diamonds and strawberry gold. I couldn't believe he could pull that off without me knowing a single thing about it! 
Matt visited the dollar store and picked up junk, I mean, a few gifts for Madelyn's stocking. A whoppie cushion and duck whistle are a hit at our house. In fact the whoppie cushion already blew out the side due to frequent use!
Matt visited the dollar store and picked up junk, I mean, a few gifts for Madelyn's stocking. A whoppie cushion and duck whistle are a hit at our house. In fact the whoppie cushion already blew out the side due to frequent use!
One more Christmas post coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment