I find it comical that my last post is entitled Finishing Up Fall and yet it is just a few short days until Christmas!! Bottom line, I have lots to post about, lots of pictures, lots of stories, but not nearly enough energy! I am going to attempt to post something everyday to get caught up before the New Year.
For today, I'll leave you with a short example of my awesome parenting skills :)
We recently took professional maternity photos as a way to capture this time in our family. The morning of of the photos it became apparent that in order to make it through the day and have good photos, I was going to need a bribe. And not just any bribe, the mother of all bribes. So what does my 5 year old darling want?? To get her American Girl Doll's ears pierced! I carefully set up the discussion with Miss Madelyn about what was going to happen at the pictures and how she needed to behavior and smile pretty. Then I went for it - "And if you can do all of those things we will take Kit with us and go get her ears pierced." The little darlings eyes lit up beautifully and I could tell I had been victorious. Now all I had to do was tell Matt what I had done and hope he wouldn't mind being drug to the mall!
Needless to say the photography session went very well and we ended up at the mall afterward.
Moral to the story: I'm not above bribery.
Glad to hear the pictures went well. There is nothing bad with bribing.
ReplyDelete