Tuesday, March 26, 2013

No Soliciting!

Please excuse me while I rant!



Over spring break we drove to Larned so that my grandparents were able to meet Cecilia and celebrate Madelyn's sixth birthday with us (pictures of all the fun coming soon :) On our drive home we made plans to watch some March Madness Basketball with friends so I knew upon arriving at home that I had two hours to unpacked and "set up camp" at home, start a mountain of laundry, nurse a baby, repack the diaper bag, get everyone ready to leave the house, whip up something fabulous to eat so that we didn't go there empty handed, and I wanted to squeeze in a quick workout.  I know - it already sounds non-realistic!  Then you throw in a few ridiculous visits from solicitors and you get one cranky Mommy!  Here's what happened:

The doorbell rings while Matt is stepping out of the shower which means the dog goes crazy, Madelyn jumps around the house yelling someones at the door which startles Cecilia and makes her cry.  I pick her up, hurdle over Madelyn to open the door and find 3, yep 3 men, with scripts in hand ready to sell me crap!  My face ISN'T the picture of, "Hello, welcome to my home, what can I do for you!"  Instantly one of the guys starts fumbling with his script and stumbling over the words.  Words I cannot hear because I am focused on the baby over my shoulder in an open door while it's too cold outside for her, the dog I'm kicking because she is half way out the door trying to lick these three idiots to death, and Madelyn yelling at the dog to get back so she can see.  In my mind I'm thinking, "Where is you father!"  Eventually they tell me they are from AT&T and that they have just spoken to my neighbors, Kip and Jean.  To which I stop them and tell them Kip and Jean no longer live there, and their house is now abandoned.  Whoops!!  They just stare at me.  Then continue the script.  After a few seconds I stop them, tell them I already have AT&T and that I have been happy with the service.  Then I shut the door, I didn't wait to hear their response, just shut them out.  I take a few deep breathes, retell the story to Matt and start on my unrealistic to-do list.  Until...

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rings again.  Same story, crazy dog, crazy kid, crying baby.  When I open the door this time and see the same 3 men standing there I was a little surpised and then instantly peeved.  So I said, "Yeesss?" in a very long drawn out way.  To which the middle guy says, "Oh."   (later this small two letter word, oh, has me wondering if he saw the steam coming from my ears).   The last guy says you are the one that already has AT&T, right?"   I said yes and they apologized.  I took this golden opportunity to tell them I didn't appreciate their multiple interruptions and that they had woken my baby twice.  Then I shut the door on them, again.

Seriously, who do these companies hire to go door to door.  Get someone who can read a map and take notes.  And I'll get a no soliciting sign!  Thanks for listening. 

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! There have been way to many lately. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete