Monday, April 30, 2012

You Get What You Get...

Eight years ago when I started working at my current school I met a lovely music teacher who taught me a saying that worked perfect on my kindergarteners and has stuck with me for years.


"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"


Perfect! It works like a charm for so many different situations and it works beautifully at home on my little one. Until... She started using it on us! I think she really feels like she knows more than us. Here is a prime example of that from the other day as we were walking into Target...


Madelyn: "I expect what I expect or I might throw a fit!"


Me: (in a very harsh tone) "I know that's not how the saying goes and if you throw a fit I will take away your American Girl Doll."


Madelyn: Gasp, "Sorry Mom, I won't throw a fit."


Sometimes my parenting isn't pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment