Friday, July 27, 2012
Mommy Guilt
So if you read the previous post, I was having a rough day. I know that being sick is a great sign for your pregnancy but it is really hard to continue to see that after 2 months of sickness. Sorry if I offended anyone. Anyway, one of the main issues I have struggled with this summer is an intense case of mommy guilt. I always look forward to summer, I spend a few hours researching all the fun things to do around the city, new crafts, play dates with friends, recipes, and house projects. This year I made lists of the stuff I wanted to do with Madelyn and hardly anything has been crossed off, and I feel bad. We've had more reading, coloring, and movie time that either one of us can handle. A few times the mommy guilt has been so strong I decided to get tough and do something that afternoon which usually ends with me getting sick where ever we've been and fighting with Madelyn to go home. So I've decided since I only a few short days left of summer break left we will be doing one activity everyday to pack in the fun! I've decided I'm not going to be sick and everything will be okay. Be sure to check back to see what adventures we had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are ok to take some time off! Through in that it is consistently 100+ degrees, EVERY DAY, it is hard enough for me to get out. Let alone, take the kids out. So take it easy momma and let your big girl see what it looks like to be a pregnant momma taking care of herself. There are many more summers ahead!!
ReplyDelete