Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Big Sister

Look at the excitement on that Big Sister's face! 


She loves, loves Cecilia!  She cannot wait to hold her,teach her things, and play with her.

I was surprised at how emotional both she and I were while in the hospital.  I had a hard time leaving to go to the hospital because I knew I was leaving Madelyn for a few days.  It took me a while to actually get in the car to go to the hospital.  Matt had the bags loaded, Madelyn in the car, and was waiting on me.  I was wandering around the house looking for more things to take with us, things that I didn't need, I didn't realize I was stalling but for some reason I was.  I cried on the way to the hospital, not exactly for sure why, just emotional.  Leaving Madelyn was hard for me. 

And Madelyn had a hard time too.  On Sunday, Matt took Madelyn and went to lunch with my sister and her husband.  While at the restaurant she was misbehaving a little and acting a little strange.  After a while she finally admitted that she was nervous leaving Cecilia and I in the hospital by ourselves.  She also cried everytime she had to leave us.  And now that we are home she would rather stay at home with Cecilia than go to school.  

Madelyn knows the Simon and Garfunkel song, "Cecilia", and often holds Cecilia and sings the chorus of the song to her.  It is really sweet.  She talks to Cecilia and says, "Want to come see Big Sis? or Big Sis loves you!"  She loves to help, even change the poopy diapers.  (at least for now)  It is really exciting to watch our girls interact and grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment